Monday, February 12, 2007

Cinderella in pictures





At last!
Progress to show in the Cinderella stockings. The top two pictures are modelled by my slender ten year old daughter - so please make several inches' worth of allowance for an adult leg. I couldn't be model and photographer - though I did try!
The lower two pictures show my "cross section" design method in action, and a close up of the herringbone lace on my chubby leg!
I wanted to take a picture of the back seam, but I couldn't persuade my son to try them on and my daughter's leg is too slim for the stitch pattern to show. No amount of gymnastics could allow me to photograph the back of my own leg!
The pattern is written up and is with Robynn for editing and checking. I am now knitting to my own instructions, which is a good double-check that it all makes sense!
I have also got some fabulous magenta velvet ribbon to thread through the garter eyelets - woo hoo!
I am off to the isle of Skye for a short holiday this coming weekend, so weather permitting (i.e. cold, wet, windy) I will have a finished stocking in a week or so - woo hoo!

2 comments:

gilraen said...

Oh wow!, just Wow and then Wow some more!

Can I link to these on my blog? They are so so fabulous. :)

Hanne said...

Soon I can get some yarns from Kirsty and knit Cinderellas of my own!