I have been tagged by G! This is a first!
1. Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves.
2. People who are tagged write a blog post about their own 8 random things and post these rules.
3. At the end of your blog you need to tag 8 people and post their names.
4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment to tell them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
- I have a morning coffee ritual. I get to work for 9am every day and the first thing I do is make myself a strong shot of espresso (using a cafetiere top fitted on top of a china cup cos I broke the coffee pot!) and pour it through hot milk. I then read my emails and eat a KitKat with my perfect latte! I have tried to ditch the KitKat but I just get grumpy…
I have almost been a teacher… three times! First time – I chickened out a month before the course started and instead got my first job (processing invoices on an industrial estate in Hull – mmmm! Great career move!). Second time – I lasted until the week of my final teaching practice, then had the realisation that if I completed this course I would probably spend the rest of my life cooped up in a school with stroppy teenagers and back-biting colleagues, so I walked out and never went back. Third time – after having my kids I decided I needed “a career”, so enrolled on an Open University Primary teaching course… and the month before it was due to start, the O.U. had a bad inspection report and closed down the course. Fate!
I should have been in musical theatre. From the age of 10 I obsessed about musicals, and can still sing from memory the entire score of “The King and I”, “Oliver”, “Annie”, “Joseph”, “A Chorus Line”, “The Sound of Music” and “Chicago”. Unfortunately, I have more enthusiasm than talent, and nowadays my high kicks are barely above knee-height. Tsk!
I dislike the word “savoury”. It makes me feel slightly queasy just hearing the word. It makes me think of the time I had food poisoning after eating warm goats cheese in a steaming tent in the South of France… bleeuch!
I can be unnecessarily strict with myself. For example, while weeding the garden, I can be dying for a drink, but don’t allow myself to stop until I reach a certain bush… and yes, this has led to heat-stroke from time to time.
I love green apples: crisp, sharp, slightly tart. I eat two Granny Smith’s a day. I can’t stand Golden Delicious or other soft flavourless apples.
I passed my driving test last year, on the fifth attempt. It was the most difficult thing I have ever had to do.
When I was a child my ambition was “to have a croft on Skye”. It’s not quite a croft and it isn’t quite on Skye, but I do feel I have come home to where I was destined to be.
I need to tag 8 people: Bryony, Roo, Cindy, Gilraen, Holly, Katherine, Happy Yarns, Etod Knits. Go for it girls!