Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Rainbows End

Fresh off the needles, one pair of sisterly Rainbow Socks (pattern by Candace Eisner Strick, available from here).
The yarn is Opal Feelings and Regia Sock in plain black, so these should be easy-care. I am really pleased that I did not try to make identical twin socks as I actually prefer the second sock to the first. This way, all of the colours get their chance to shine - I especially like the blue and the pink, and neither of these was very prominent on the first sock.
See how much yarn was left? At least enough for another pair! And I only used about 30g of plain black Regia.
I have reason to believe that my sock pal will like these – but I am not saying how I know - tee hee hee!

12 comments:

s b said...

Wow--those are great socks!!! I haven't tried any colorwork. I am VERY IMPRESSED by those who do...

Lorena said...

I have to go find a hat now and put it on, just so I can take my hat off to you. Most excellent, amazing socks! "Good job" doesn't even begin to cover it. Fantastic!

Janine said...

Those socks are fabulous!!! I want them!

Anita (canuck) said...

I love these socks.

Does anybody really care that they don't match exactly? I'm just wondering.

Can you get them to match exactly if you wanted?

Bryony Ramsden said...

Well my dear, I am impressed. These are STUNNING! Not that you could ever achieve anything less than that, oh great sock twin :)

Laurie said...

WOW...Those are amazing... I hope I'm your pal :-)

Saffron said...

Wonderful. I'm beginning to like patterns by Candace Eisner Strick although I have yet to try any.

Those are some beautiful socks! Congrats on completion!!!!!!

Amy said...

Wow! Lovely! I am always amazed at how wonderful a solid and a multicolor striped yarn look together in that sort of pattern. Hope those are for me!

Lavendersheep said...

I love them! They are such gorgeous socks. I really need to get the pattern.

YTT said...

Those are gorgeous. I too am doing a black-and-multicolor pattern, but my multicolored is more all-over, and I love the way the stripes come through in yours. As for matching: they match perfectly the way they are. Great job.

Valerie said...

Oh my goodness! These are amazing.
I'm sitting here making squeaking adn sighing noises. No doubt my coworkers think I'm up to something erhm.... illicit.

Mags said...

Hey~
Beautiful, beautiful sox...I love the subtle differnces with the yarn. Your pal will love them..I know I do!!!
Truly these are a work of art.