Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Ravelry

Yup - me too!
But it won't keep me away from here - I promise!
Apart from anything else, it will take me some time to get the stash photographed...
And I can't post my sewing projects to Ravelry!
Thanks for all the sock-love for the Rainbows! I have checked my measurements, and they should definitely fit my pal. Someone asked if it was possible to make a completely matching pair? You could... but it would be tricky - you would have to knit the first stitch at exactly the same place on the colour repeat on both socks, and knit to exactly the same tension and hope that the yarn was dyed completely evenly.
I like the fact that they are "different but the same". And no, I am NOT going to knit another pair straightaway to see if I end up with 4 completely unique socks! I am all stranded-out for a while. Give me single colour knitting, give me it now!
Speaking of which, I just cast on for more socks: "Scrolls" from "More Sensational Knitted Socks" in my lovely lovely Piece of Beauty "Vintage Floral". Pictures will follow when I get beyond the ribbing.

2 comments:

RooKnits said...

Now it is time for you to get sucked in too.... :0)

Mags said...

Hey~

Forgive me for bothering you but I'm so intrigued by your (beautiful) sox I must (sometime) make a pair...that I have a couple of questions..
So tell me...were they a very intensive knit...did you follow the pattern as written and would you do anything different if you were to make another pair????
Thanx