Monday, August 27, 2007

Fiendish


Oh please save me from weekend frustrations!

My 11 year old daughter was obsessing over a suduko in the Saturday Times - the one labelled "Fiendish". She wanted to win a laptop. Even supposing she successfully solved the puzzle... aaargh! 
So it was with great happiness that I escaped to the woods with the dog and the latest IK! I was determined to get to the heel of the second Golf Stocking yesterday so that I could justify ordering yarn for the Mirepoix Bodice! The more I look at it, the more I realise it is a girly sweater version of the Golf Stocking: a fair-isle bodice (like the cuff) and long ribbed sleeves and body. That's a lot of ribbing! And the Composed Mitts are calling to me. I really enjoyed reading the article on cable-knitting too. Hooray for IK!
I turned the heel of Golf 2 by dinner-time and am hopeful that First Love's hospital outpatients appointment tomorrow will see off the end of this loooong sock!

Meantime, Notorious is positively screaming at me to swatch, and I am pondering June Bride fingerless mitts in the handspun from Rebecca my Sockapalooooza pal. See the purple dpns? I couldn't resist them from Woolly Workshop when I ordered my IK - on the grounds that I didn't have 3.75mm dpns and they are needed for June Bride - tee hee hee!
But I am trying to save the handspun to combine with the Pigeonroof Studios handspun I ordered a couple of weeks ago - it's not here yet. I fancy a Chevron Scarf in deep purple and emerald - mmm!
But I haven't forgotten Clessidra... or Marina Piccola plans... or that list of future projects I drew up several months ago. So many ideas, so little time!

2 comments:

Lucy said...

Really enjoying browsing through your blog. very sorry to hear about First Love's health problems. Your socks are beautiful...

theproofreader said...

Hey~
The fair isle (mirepoix bodice) sweater is lovely. Have fun with all your projects..hope too the young one wins her lap-top.
Also hope your 'First Love' is doing well.
Thanks, for the free pattern.
Happy knitting