Thursday, August 09, 2007

Scottish Things

My Yarn Yard sale bargain sock wool has arrived! And I have to say I am impressed by the softness of the yarn – not at all “hairy” as is so often the case with wool / nylon mixes (like St Ives) and it has a nice firm spin. The colour is delicious – it is “trente et un” from the Tour de France range and goes from a thistle-ish purple through to cerise, with plenty of variations on the way. This is earmarked for Marina Piccola socks for a Christmas gift.

And here is the latest picture of the Golf Stockings. 20 or so rows to go before I reach the heel flap. First Love has been showing them off to his visitors. I do fear he is going to resurrect his “hunting shooting fishing” tweed plus-fours from the depths of the old-clothes trunk so he can show these off in style!

Lots of improvement in First Love’s energy levels this week. He managed to walk the dog yesterday without needing a walking stick. He has been joining us for family meals again, after more than two months of odd food cravings and tiny portions. Chemo and radiotherapy again tomorrow.

3 comments:

Hanne said...

The softness is reason why I like Yarn Yard yarns. Opal feels a lot rougher although they have excatily the same combination of wool and nylon.
100% wool is lovely, but after my youngest bit a hole into my cashmere/merino socks, I've started to value a bit stronger yarns.

Midsummer night's knitter said...

Great news about FL
India

silfert said...

Hugs and prayers for the chemo patient.
You do nice work! :)