Tuesday, October 02, 2007

UK-based enablement

Hey - all you UK-based knitters! There doesn't seem to be much of a stir on the blogs about the arrival of Socktopus - a sock yarn shop in London, with an online shop. I only mention this because I notice they stock Dream in Color yarn - mmmm! And they have the new Somoko (Silk, Merino and Kid Mohair) from Fleece Artist - wheee!
And there are further stash enhancement possibilities over at the Woolly Workshop, who are getting in Apple Laine - ooooh! They are starting a new sock club with Schaeffer, Apple Laine, Claudia handpaint and CTH all on the menu - interesting!
But I am trying ever so hard not to buy any more sock yarn right now so that I can fund a kilo of jumper wool without guilt spasms setting in. Currently watching some dark green wool at ebay for the Pine Cone jumper plan - fingers crossed!

2 comments:

Bryony Ramsden said...

I would like to point out that I have done considerable window shopping online at Socktopus and have great plans for shopping when I have eradicated some yarns from the stash... Care to join me?

Knittings Nice! said...

Oh Socktopus is absolutely gorgeous and am soo tempted. Trying to be good and hold offf until after Ally Pally...the dream in colour baby jacket is gorgeous and they are going to get the kits in. Am trying to get on with my Ruth Sorenson autumn card...and then am waiting for Simply Shetland book 4 to land on my doorstep. Want to do autumn rose, anyway just received the colour card from Jamiesons....really nice.
Mind you too much time on blogs...me thinks.