Sunday, October 21, 2007

Waterfall Marinissima


I finished my Woolgirl sock club yarn socks - hooray!

This is Miss Babs Yummy 3 ply Superwash sportweight, in the Waterfall colourway designed for the sock club. I wasn't grabbed by the pattern that came with the yarn - too lacey for thick socks I thought, so I used Marina Piccola by Kate Gilbert.

I love this pattern! It is infinitely adaptable to yarn thickness / gauge. I used size 2.75mm needles and 52 stitches to suit my foot.






One sock striped perfectly, but the second has pooling issues. I have noticed this has happened to other knitters using the Waterfall pattern so it must be to do with the dyeing. But I am not really complaining as the colours are so lovely and the spinning so sproingy - lovely cushy socks!

3 comments:

Midsummer night's knitter said...

Great socks.
Hope Fl is feeling better.
India

Bryony Ramsden said...

Those are gorgeous! And what a sky!

Gabrielle said...

Now, you see this almost makes me want to reconsider my point of view on sock knitting* - almost!

What a great picture, what lovely socks and what a fabulous sky!

*admire the sock knitting of others but it's not something I feel an urge to do myself!