Thursday, January 03, 2008

Happy New Year!

I was planning to start the New Year with empty needles – but I failed to knit my daughter's Christmas socks in time, so they are my first project for the Socks From Stash Club. Full details over there!

And I also rediscovered Clessidra sock number 2, so I am determined to finish that before I embark on my New Year's projects.



Just before Christmas I ordered some plant-dyed wool from Knitting4Fun, in the Violet colourway, ready to cast on for Manon from Norah Gaughan Vol.1. I am really looking forward to this – a full-sized garment with new techniques to master and exciting yarn to play with.

This is going to be my Norah Gaughan year I think... because I also popped a few balls of Mille Colori into my basket, to knit a scarf. Either the ladder-style one, or the mountain-stitch one.


But I have some socks to finish first!


1 comment:

RooKnits said...

After my shock of finding EXACTLY how much sock yarn I have in my stash I think I am going to have to join the "Socks from the Stash Club" - what a fabulous idea. I think the sock looks amazing - keep going :0)