On Saturday I devoted myself to finishing the Clessidra socks.
The yarn which Claudia so generously sent was quite a bit darker than the original skein, but working in alternate rows it blended in really well.
The stats: Clessidra from Knitty. Wollmeise superwash merino, in Veilchen (Violets) one full skein plus a few more grams. 2.25mm needles. I broke two Lantern Moon ebony needles in the course of this project. I also splintered a Brittany birch needle. In summary: I would advise you use metal needles!
I love the stitch patterns used, but the hourglass cables make my calves look rather more curvaceous that I would like! I shortened the leg slightly and I think this adds to the chubby effect. The seed stitch heel is a bit baggy. I have noticed other knitters complaining about this too.
The Wollmeise yarn is beautifully dyed but I am not sure I like the matte texture of the yarn itself. It is more like cotton than wool. It was quite splitty, but that was partly due to the needles used. I would be really interested to try out her new wool / nylon mix sock yarn.
In summary: I would not knit them again but I'm glad I did!