Monday, January 07, 2008

First FO of 2008


One pair of Esther socks for my daughter. A late Christmas present which she loves - phew!


This pattern foxed me at first, and I would definitely recommend strong, sharp-pointed needles rather than bendy splitty wood – rather too much “through the back of the loop” work for delicate pins! If I was knitting them again (never say never) I would use a more 3D-yarn: something like Jitterbug would be ideal to show off the stitch pattern.

Since finishing these I have been working on my second Clessidra sock. I completed the first one several months ago and either my memory was playing tricks, or my skills have improved in that time, as I am finding this quite a straightforward knit! I hope to finish it next weekend, ready to cast on something new for my next waiting room session.

3 comments:

RooKnits said...

Lovely socks...

Knittings Nice! said...

Beautiful colour.

Knittings Nice! said...

Oh Roobeedoo, thank you so much for that. Yes am going in first month you put. Thank you for those links...oh feel excited.