Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Knitting with pictures!

Photographs rescued from "beyond the password"!



First up - the frogged PigeonroofStudios sock. If you look really carefully you might see some cables and triangles - see them? No? That's why I frogged it.



Next - Manon by sunlight. This is the base triangle at the centre back.

Followed by the "on the needles" shot from last night. At the top of the photo is the base triangle. The ribbing at the right is the waistband, and the section to the left of that is one of the triplet of triangles that form the side and right front of the garment. Got it? It is really hard to explain!

The real colour is somewhere between these two pictures. It's lovely!




And last but definitely not least: extra yarn for my Clessidra socks! But Claudia, the Wollmeise, has really taken customer service to a whole new level. Not only did she send me the yarn free of charge (a whole skein of Wollmeise superwash merino FREE!) but she didn't charge me shipping, AND threw in a bag of sweets and a mini sampler skein of worsted (colour "Suzanne"). If you look carefully you might see that her paper bag is printed with knitting terms in English and Gewrman - even the bag is useful! I described her customer service as having a "cherry on top" - I was wrong. This is a kirsch-soaked dark chocolate-covered cherry! Thank you SO much Claudia! I must finish Clessidra this weekend.



1 comment:

RooKnits said...

Manon looks great - I'm intrigued to see what happens next. Love the colour too. What a fantastic parcel from Claudia... I would go and buy yarn from her straight away if I wasn't on a sock yarn diet... I might just go and take a peek :0)