Friday, February 01, 2008

Double prizes!


Woo hoo! I have been granted two blog-land awards from Gabrielle!

I didn't know what "Nice matters" is all about, so I had to go and investigate...
"This award will be awarded to those that are just nice people , good blog friends and those that inspire good feelings and inspiration! Those that care about others that are there to lend support or those that are just a positive influence in our blogging world! I am naming this award the Nice Matters Blog Award I will begin my naming a few of those that I feel deserve this award and I would like for those awarded to name 7 others. That is it ! Feel free to use the above button to tell everyone that someone thinks you are nice!"
Gabrielle gave me these: "for her (sic) many socks and personal fortitude in the face of adversity. "
Aw thanks Gabrielle!
Now I get to pass on the lurve... If you don't mind I will stick to the "You make my day" award, cos "nice" is not really me - that's not to say that you aren't nice people, dear nominees!
Ok, so here goes: YOU MAKE MY DAY!
Bryony at Library Girl Knits: my long lost "sock twin", whose knitting is always FAB!
RooKnits: we share a name, a love of purple and a passion for socks!
AmberMoggie: for rattling out sock after sock for her local hospice and being such a support to Mr Mog
Andre: for sharing so much information on Multiple Myeloma and for his amazing humour in the midst of it all
Lucy: who provides me with lots of ideas for local visits and child-friendly activities
Cornflower: who inspires me to read "proper" books
and finally a knitter whose blog I cannot read (it is in Finnish) but whose work is so "me":
Those are my first points of call when I am blog-surfing. I also visit lots of American knitting and crafting blogs, plus an increasing number of Finnish knitters, whose aesthetic really appeals to me. It's funny, because my son is really into Finnish "folk metal" music at the moment and one of his best friends is half-Finnish. At parent's night, I immediately identified his pal's mother across the crowded hall - she just HAD to be the one with the plaits and hand-knitted jumper... err... just like me!

3 comments:

motopacsman said...

Now it's my turn to blush. Thank you for the kudos and the award. I've added Cornflower to my list of readings also.

RooKnits said...

thank you roo xxxx

Bryony Ramsden said...

Awww, thank you petal :) You definitely deserve this award - you are always an entertaining read, especially when you make copy my socks ;D I'm just writing a post now so you'll see my little response plus what I've been doing this week (yes! I have something to show!! :D And it isn't necessarily a purchase! Weeeee!)