Wednesday, February 20, 2008

First February sock

Despite having no knitting time this weekend, I have finished the first long stripey stocking. That's less than a week - I like stocking stitch!

The pattern is a freebie from Drops and is designed for Fabel sock yarn - which is ordinary fingering weight, self-striping. It starts off with a long ribbed section over the knee, then blends into stocking stitch, which assists with the shaping. I adjusted the rate of decrease down the leg (alright I admit it - I misread the instructions, which are translated from Norwegian and take a bit of concentration at times!) and it fits very neatly. The ankle is a much smoother fit than any sock I have knit previously, so I will probably use the recipe again (down to 56 stitches!) . I'm not so sure about the heel, which is quite square, but certainly easy to knit...

See how well this sock goes with my knitting bag from Roo?
I am casting on for sock two tonight, in a predominantly orange stripe from the same range of On-Line sock yarn (supersocke 100, sport color). It will be fun to see how the stripes line up (or not)!

2 comments:

RooKnits said...

Oh I adore the sock. Wonderful. Glad to see you have a matching project bag, I must've been psychic!

cindy said...

That sock is soooooooooooooooooo long. Lovely striping!!