Thursday, March 27, 2008

Gentleman's Socks with Lozenge Pattern



The Gentleman’s Socks with Lozenge Pattern are finished. The Gentleman is very pleased with them. He even agreed to sit on the windowsill so I could take their picture!

Two heathery shades of Sunbeam St Ives, cheap as chips and very hard-wearing, and size 0 (2mm) needles. I used Boye metal “perfection points” and found it much easier going than using birch or bamboo in this gauge, with the added advantage that they didn’t snap!

I love the density of the fabric at this gauge but I don’t have the stamina to knit for many hours at one sitting: my right hand “locks” after a while, which isn’t good!

Once again, I was struck by the level of detail in Nancy Bush’s patterns: a single purl to delineate the join between sole and upper foot, and again down the back "seam"? Lovely!

1 comment:

RooKnits said...

They are lovely. I agree with you about the Nancy Bush patterns... however I have resolved never to knit another pair of socks on 2mm needles, it hurts too much!