I finished the first Lozenge sock on Friday night, so felt free to do other things at the weekend, before starting sock 2 on Monday.
So it was a busy weekend! I cleared the laundry backlog, made bread, scrubbed the floors - no don't go away, it does get more exciting!
I drafted and cut my coat pattern. I finally settled on Design Z from the "Sweet Black" Japanese pattern book. Next weekend I hope to start sewing.
And I started knitting "Verity". Even though the Malabrigo was the wrong weight of yarn. The front of the pattern said "worsted" but the inside it said "heavy worsted / aran". So I have made a start using 3.75 mm needles and will have to use my instincts to make it fit... hmmm.
And today I actually turned the compost. For the first time ever. And it worked! Underneath the top leayer of veg peelings, there was about 6ocm deep of lovely dark chocolatey compost - woo hoo! I dug the old wheelbarrow out from behind the garage and took my lovely organic soil to my empty veg garden and spread it thickly over about half of the surface.
Time to order my seeds!