Sunday, March 09, 2008


I finished the first Lozenge sock on Friday night, so felt free to do other things at the weekend, before starting sock 2 on Monday.


So it was a busy weekend! I cleared the laundry backlog, made bread, scrubbed the floors - no don't go away, it does get more exciting!


I drafted and cut my coat pattern. I finally settled on Design Z from the "Sweet Black" Japanese pattern book. Next weekend I hope to start sewing.


And I started knitting "Verity". Even though the Malabrigo was the wrong weight of yarn. The front of the pattern said "worsted" but the inside it said "heavy worsted / aran". So I have made a start using 3.75 mm needles and will have to use my instincts to make it fit... hmmm.


And today I actually turned the compost. For the first time ever. And it worked! Underneath the top leayer of veg peelings, there was about 6ocm deep of lovely dark chocolatey compost - woo hoo! I dug the old wheelbarrow out from behind the garage and took my lovely organic soil to my empty veg garden and spread it thickly over about half of the surface.
Time to order my seeds!

2 comments:

grannypurple said...

...and we have spent the past 2 days digging out from our heaviest snowfall of the season! I can't think about seed catalogues, when the snowdrops have yet to emerge from the snowbanks beside the driveway...

Bryony Ramsden said...

Goodness me! You mean that you actually have to do stuff to the things in the composter? ;) Note to self - go find spade when rain stops). I did just plant up some chili seeds today though, so the gardening thing is kind of kicking in...

Lovely socks - they look really snuggly :D And do we get a pic of the pattern you're cutting?