Sunday, April 27, 2008

Bigger bird's skirt

So much for proceeding with caution!

I spent most of the weekend sewing my Clothkits skirt with meticulous care and attention to detail. Which is how I come to possess a size 14 skirt when I am a size 10.

So I will have to do some adjustments. Like losing two inches off the waist and backside. At least. If I sneeze it will be round my ankles.

Apart from that, I love it!

I added my own fusible interfacing on the waistband. And re-did the zip after the instructions led me to a puckered mess. There was a scarily scant piece of Liberty print for the lining - enough but only just And I had forgotten how cantankerous babycord can be. Not recommended for a beginner sewer.

I am a bit grumpy because I can't wear it yet. Off to bed now. Night night.

2 comments:

Midsummer night's knitter said...

So it went smoothly then ? ;0)

India

Fiona Dilston-Bayliss said...

I too have this red birdie skirt and love it but enormous seems to be the word although I believe that the design has been changed a little since then....I am a bit bigger than you and have been flattered to be swimming in a 14 ;)
Love your blog <3 xxx