Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Adrian in the news

You might not know Adrian's blog.
I have been popping over there since about October last year, following his fight against leukaemia, and offering the occasional suggestion i.e. the ubiquitous Udder Cream for chemo-induced rashes!
Adrian has recently received the worst possible news - that his leukaemia has entered its final stages and that he doesn't have long to live. Adrian has decided that rather than just fade away quietly, he will use the time he has left to do all he can to publicise the need for bone marrow donors.
So last night he was on the news stating the case most eloquently, before meeting the Prime Minister.
Think about it.

2 comments:

Twelfthknit said...

Well, I've read a bit of his blog. I am going to find out about being on the register here in Switzerland - sitting in a chair for three hours with a good book can't be that hard....
India

RooKnits said...

I'm on the register. I do think the NBS could do more to publicise that you can be added when you give blood and they send off all of the stuff for you.... I had to ask about 3 times before I finally got registered - but that was about 6 or 7 years ago so maybe it is different now.