Thursday, May 22, 2008

Do the Jitterbug!

Woo hoo!
Today I am celebrating!
You may recall the Great Central Heating Saga of missed appoinments and wild goose chases and misinformation and general high stress nonsense...? I didn't blog the whole story but it was truly Kafka-esque. I had almost given up hope of ever having a warm house.
But... yesterday at 7am the door was banged upon, the dog went beserk, and I stumbled to the door in my pjs to discover that the installation engineers had arrived to do the job! Almost a year since we were declared "eligible"! We went through a whole Scottish winter huddled round electric bar-fires with our coats on, and now, in May, we have a heating system! Even more exciting - hot water comes out of the hot tap!?! Anyone would think we were living in the 21st century!
I have some redecorating to do, to cover up the holes in the plaster / ripped wallpaper etc caused by the work, but that is a mere detail. (And might even be fun, as I plan to try out eco paints for the first time!) Can you tell I am happy?!

And then this morning I came to work to find an email from Roo telling me I had won her comments contest! Woo- and more- hoo! I have won a skein of Jitterbug sock yarn (which I have been wanting to try for ages). Thank you Roo!

Dancing round the office!

2 comments:

RooKnits said...

Horay horay horay!

Twelfthknit said...

Oh, yee of little faith. YOu're living in Scotland - of course you'll need it in the 'summer' ;0)
India