Thursday, May 15, 2008

Embossed Leaves Socks


At last – finished April socks from stash!

It was great to have several projects to play with on my Applecross holiday, but these socks really suffered. When I came home, I got involved in sewing projects and weeding the garden, and the socks just sat in my knitting bag feeling sad.

But this week my daughter is away on a school trip (to Newtonmore for high-energy activities like white water rafting - gulp!) so my evenings are longer and emptier and I have been able to devote myself to her socks. I was determined that she would come home to find them complete - and I managed!

Embossed Leaves by Mona Schmidt, from “Favorite Socks”. Cherry Tree Hill superwash merino from my first-ever swap. It came already wound into a ball, so I had no idea how it would knit up. It turns out to be a spiralling stripe of purples and sapphire against turquoise blues and greens, which drowned the stitch pattern. But my daughter chose the match and she is happy with it. And that’s what matters!

Now I can get started on my May socks – coming soon!

3 comments:

RooKnits said...

It's a pity you can't see the pattern better, but I do like the way they have pooled. Looking forward to seeing what socks you have up your sleeve for May.

Dee said...

I'm so glad you stopped by my blog.

Hope you'll be back soon. I'll be checking back at yours too. :-)

Happy knitting!

zombiecazz said...

Fab colour on those socks.
You must knit like a fiend. I could never poduce the amount you do.:o)