Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Flapper in Volksfaden

I am giddily happy with my new skirt!
The fabric is Kokka Japanese cotton from Volksfaden and has that playful Boden-like edge. I can't help but skip about! The pattern is from my faithful Japanese skirt pattern book - this has been such a good buy, and I have lots more ideas for happy summer skirts. I made the same style in the winter in tweed and it looked Vivienne Westwood-esque. In cotton, the frill stands out a bit more, which FL pointed out makes me look like a Flapper. I am thinking cuban heels and a string of long wooden beads.

Back at the hospital yesterday for FL's monthly check. 48 patients and only 3 doctors, so we waited a long time for a short appointment. FL's blood test results are "good" and we mustn't worry about his cough / shortness of breath thing. Oh, that's OK then. As ever, we get ourselves all psyched up for the hospital and then wonder why we bothered. But it's all good. Onwards and upwards.


Still knitting my April socks - tsk!

4 comments:

Twelfthknit said...

Loving yourt skirt.
Good to hear that everything is 'ok'.
India

Penny said...

Lovely skirt, and like you say very Boden-esque.

Hope they were right not to be concerned with his cough. Another friend of mine has had a chest infection and it is taking here a very long time to get over it.

zombiecazz said...

Cute Skirt. I love the material.

Abigail said...

You might be giddy over your really cute skirt, but I'm smitten with your red shoes! They are so cool.

Where did you get them from?