Monday, June 16, 2008

Scarfling


The Queen Anne Lace scarf was finished on Thursday but I needed to wait for daylight to photograph on my 12-year-old model. (12! How did that happen?!)
As you can see, one skein of Malabrigo worsted plus a 3.5mm hook make a very long skinny scarf. I love it! My model said it should be worn with black skinny jeans and Converses. By an art student. So that’s me told.

I like it so much so that I thought I would start another one straightaway – this time in Hipknits aran silk. The texture was lovely and a 4mm hook (found in the depths of my old knitting bag) was just right… but I didn’t like the colour. Not at all. The orange flashes were just too distracting. Lurid. So I ripped it out and put the yarn away. I think I might have to buy some Fyberspates Scrumptious instead. Mmmm.




Also this weekend, I taught my daughter how to make bread. She made light rye rolls with caraway seeds through them. I made a mixed grain loaf with dried cranberries through it. Both were improvisations around the basic bread recipe, both delicious!

And I did some sewing. I’ll tell you about that
tomorrow.

1 comment:

RooKnits said...

Fab scarf! I agree about the orange too.