Tuesday, June 24, 2008

UK Swap questions and answers

I am a bad lazy swapper! I read question 1 for the UK Swap a little bit late and didn't respond straightaway so it has taken the provocation of Question 2 to get me to answer both at once!

Question 1: Saturday 14th June is World Wide Knitting in Public day.What are you doing to participate in WWKIP day on Saturday? What is the strangest place you have ever knit?

I didn't knit that day - I missed the occasion entirely and was out of the knitting groove. The strangest place I ever knit? Probably in Accident and Emergency when I took FL in to hospital for the first time last year, not yet knowing what was wrong with him. I got some very strange looks from the assembled crowd in their various states of disrepair! My sock gave me something calm to focus on, and I like to think the steady rhythm might have brought a little peace to the Waiting Room!

Question 2:
Which three guests (alive or not) would you invite to a dinner party and why?

Oh my. I tried very hard to think up a creative and witty answer to this, but the truthful response just kept surfacing, so it has to be: FL's three adult children. Because if I could just get them round a table with good home-cooking and a few bottles of wine I reckon we could break the iceberg and be friends. Before it is too late.

You can see I am feeling contemplative today!

2 comments:

RooKnits said...

I found the dinner party question really hard, because in reality, there are people close to me who I don't see often enough that I would much rather have to dinner than famous people I don't know - I had to do this at a work training day a few weeks ago (where the idea came from) and felt I couldn't be too contemplative in that environment.

Dee said...

I've taken my sock to the ER when I was the patient. You get some strange looks from people for sure.