Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Holidays

Back in the land of broadband after an excruciating week with nothing but home dial up and a lagging laptop. It is alarming how cut off I felt! I really missed the blogs and blogging!

Finished two scarves - hooray! I love the fact that they don't look knitted at all. Decided I could not face 280 stitches to knit one lengthwise so both are width-wise. Packaged up ready to post. Hope you like them chaps!

New hair! 6 inches have been chopped. Here are the before and after pics.

The hairdresser had never cut such long hair and couldn’t decide whether to kneel on the floor and pump up my chair, or drop my chair and stand on telephone directories – tee hee hee! It will never be this straight again, but at least it is an even length now.





In other news, watched Step Up Take it 2 TheStreets with my daughter. Fantastic dancing, rubbish plot!



Lots of weeding of the herb garden.

Much family tree research for lady in Australia. A few hours in the archives - yes I am a genealogy geek! It is fascinating to learn about the family who lived on the farm 250 years ago.



Yesterday I had a fabulous trip with my daughter to "Touched by Scotland" at Oyne. It is a very lovely craft shop, not at all "haggis and bagpipes" and we liked almost everything! The restaurant opened recently and the food was gorgeous. And did I mention that "The Wool Shed" has moved here too?! I wrote about this shop when it was in Alford. It is now much bigger and better. It sells so much woolly goodness!

2 comments:

RooKnits said...

Lovely scarves and lovely new hair. I've missed you!

twigletqueen said...

Heh,I saw Step Up 2 on a plane a couple of weeks ago and I compltely agree, the dancing is unbelievable but Good God that dialogue is painful!
Gorgeous scarves!