Monday, July 28, 2008

May socks in July!

So here they are at last - my May "socks from stash" for my wide-footed son. He is away in London this week so I had to enlist FL as house model.

In retrospect, I should have matched the stripes. Something about the "raw edge" at the cuff (no standard ribbing section) makes them look a bit unfinished and mismatched stripes add to this. Too late now. Practical socks for a teenaged boy. His sister whispered that the colours are a bit girly, but he chose the yarn and they will be hidden up his trouser leg most of the time anyway!


Colonial Rib from Cider Moon customers' design section (free pattern) on 2.25 mm needles, Online sport color from Ebay multi-pack.


Next up will be sock two of the Crosswalkers I began for June socks from stash. And this time I will aim for a perfect match!

2 comments:

Kyoko said...

Hello!
Wonderful socks. The colours are very nice. I can see boys wearing them! 2.25mm needles are thin, I am so lazy and always try to knit DK so that I can finish quickly ;p
By the way, I have linked your blog to mine, hope that's OK!

RooKnits said...

I think you are being a little bit too critical there Roo! - they are fab socks, it doesn't matter that they don't match. I'm sure he will love them. The colours are wonderful.