Friday, July 11, 2008

My new bag!


I needed a summery bag. Something other than the battered old briefcase I take to work, or the overstuffed pockets I take everywhere else.

Big enough to hold some knitting, a book, a few apples and all the other essentials I seem to lug around in my wake.

I wanted to make one, but I was worried about it falling apart. "Real" bags have lots of interlinings and reinforcing rivets and who-knows-what-else.



So when I saw this farmyard fabric over at WatanWatan (Etsy) I knew I had to have a bag made out of it, and that it was a job for an expert. So I commissioned Kyoko to make me a Market Bag.

Summer holidays here I come!

2 comments:

RooKnits said...

Oooh that is gorgeous. I was planning on getting my sewing machine out this weekend on a bit of a bag making mission. I figure the only way I'm going to get better is to practice!

Bryony Ramsden said...

Purty! And purty definitely spelt purty for that fabric :D