However, there are so many interesting "overtops" in my Ravelry queue that I decided I need to make something to go underneath. I was inspired by a lovely top on the Anthropologie website (bottom right of photo). The original is gingham with printed swallows and has a ruffle down the front. I found a similar Burda pattern (number 7831) which takes only one metre of fabric. One metre, even for larger sizes! This makes it positively cheap to make, even with Liberty fabric! So I dug out my precious remnant of the Liberty "Streets" print, which has line-drawings of trees and tiny birds all over it - quite Japanese-looking. I decided I didn't want ruffles. I cut it out at the weekend, in between major gardening sessions. Hopefully I will have a summer blouse before the sun goes away!