Wednesday, July 09, 2008

UK Swap Question 4

A knitting theme this week...
What is your favourite thing that you have knit? (It might not be your favourite thing to wear but it was the most enjoyable to knit).
What is the worst thing you've ever knit?
What are your favourite knitblogs?
What is the most amazing knitted thing you have seen (
This Ravelry thread might help)
What is your favourite knitted item to wear? Post a picture if you can.Don't forget to leave a link to your post in the comments, if you answer more than one question in the same post, don't forget to leave the link in all the relevant comment sections.


Answers:

Most enjoyable thing I have knitted?

Hmmm. I think that would have to be Manon. Because I had such a feeling of satisfaction at how all the pieces came together, intriguingly like a jigsaw puzzle. This was my first Norah Gaughan pattern and it definitely won't be the last!


Worst thing I have ever knit?

Without doubt this would be the acrylic dk cabled jumper I knitted for FL in.... err.... 1982. The sleeves were too short, the body was too wide and I don't know what he did with it, but I sincerely hope it is not going to turn up when I spring clean the attic... TOO embarrassing!


Favourite knitblogs?

This is tricky, because I have lots of favourites which aren't exclusively about knitting - some of them sew or - gasp! - crochet!. So I will highlight the ones which are completely monogomous:





Most amazing knitted thing I have seen?

It would have to be the knitted army tank which hit the headlines a few years back.


Favourite knitted item to wear?

It is probably my Gretel hat. You've seen it before, but here it is again anyway!

2 comments:

Twelfthknit said...

How many languages do you speak? I am assuming from this post that you have more than English?

CarpeDyem said...

Gulp, thanks for this, nod and a wink and all that.....