Monday, August 18, 2008

Flower garden sock


Here is my first Fyberspates self-striping sock club sock.

The colour is "Flower Garden" and I used the "Spring Forward" pattern from Knitty.

I love the colours! As you can see it became a more definite stripe towards the toe. At the top it is a much more gradual and subtle blend of colours. It will be SO interesting to see how the second one turns out.


But I got distracted by another project at the weekend.

The kids' Aunty C. sent me a big bag of yarn. Not just any old yarn. It's all from Hip Knits, because Aunty C. did some work for Kerrie a while back. Woo hoo! Lots of new things to play with: camel, cashmere, silk, sari silk - yum yum yum! Expect to see some dinky scarves and fingerless mittens and the odd hat, on a screen near you - coming soon!

But that's not for today. I offered to knit Aunty C. a thank you gift, and she opted for long long lacy fingerless gloves - oooh! I knew just the pattern to use! I'll give the Ravelry link in case she is visiting the blog: here they are! Nice, huh?!

2 comments:

ambermoggie said...

gorgeous Ruth such a beautiful colour and they pattern is perfect for it. Look forward to seeing what you create with the hipknits stash:)

zombiecazz said...

Gorgeous looking gloves. If I ever manage to produce something cute on dpns I'll be tempted to make these. Actually I have a couple of nieces who would probably love these.