Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Baby knit


I cast on for a baby hoodie for my neighbour’s baby on Saturday and progress has been fast and fun. It is the Daisy pattern from Stephanie Pearl McPhee and is an absolutely shameless copy of the version I saw over at Sockpron although the colourway is different.

This is Interlacements Toasty Toes in “PASP” which I think must be shorthand for something like Raspberry Passionfruit Rainbow. It is …um… very bright! But I don’t like wishy washy pastels on a baby. I would put either a boy or a girl in this jumper. But maybe that’s just me!

Anyway, it is a very quick and easy knit. The yarn is wonderfully soft and the colours are probably the brightest I have seen on a pure merino wool. It seems to go a long way too, and I am expecting to have enough leftover for something little for myself, like some fingerless mitts.

I have knitted the back and two fronts (in one piece up to the underarms) and one sleeve so just have the other sleeve and the hood to go. Must get some “Smarties” buttons to go with it!

3 comments:

zombiecazz said...

very pretty.
I love big bold colours.

RooKnits said...

That is looking fabulous! Must add it to the list of "things to knit the very long list of soon to be new arrivals". Smarties buttons look fabulous too.

Margaret said...

I like reading your blog from "across the pond". It's lovely. I'm a knitter, too.

I like those colors! I agree- much nicer than boring old pastels.