Sunday, September 21, 2008

Double Chocolate Marshmallow Sundae



I have had something flu-like and was confined to the sofa for most of the day on Friday. So I took the opportunity to whip up something chocolatey from the stash. Comfort knitting!
This is Jyri from Norah Gaughan Vol. 1, knitted up in handspun from Handpaintedyarn dot com.
The colours were challenging - mostly browns with the occasional splash of marshmallow pink blended with midnight blue. Absolutely delicious as dessert but not so good in stocking stitch!
I turned this to my advantage by choosing a pattern which exploits the purl side. This broke up the colours so that the chocolate-iness was emphasised.
It was just like knitting a tub of Ben and Jerry's!
Yum yum yum. Feeling much better now!

3 comments:

zombiecazz said...

Very nice. I love the colours and it certainly looks warm.

wazz said...

ooo! lovely!

Bryony Ramsden said...

Apologies, because I'm way behind on my blog reading, but you've been VERY productive, and your knitting is gorgeous! This scarf looks like the perfect comfort knit :D Yum yum! Except now I need chocolate... ;D