Monday, September 01, 2008

A pair of long long lacy gloves

Here they are! I managed to finish the Long Long Lacy Gloves for Aunty C. at the weekend.

This is a pattern from Lace Style, but mine are in a closer gauge so look less lacy.
I used The Knittery cashmere/merino sock yarn from Socktopus, colour "midnight" and size 2.75 dpns. If I make them again I think I will go for larger needles or thinner yarn. I had loads of yarn leftover from my single skein.
I like them with the cuffs unfurled, but you can also fold them over. Since I accidentally picked up the stitches for the arm inside out, the lace probably looks better on the folded-over side. The pattern suggests sewing a line of crystal beads along the cuff edge to resemble buttons, but my tighter gauge would have made a closed cuff a bit too tight I think.
Now I just have to find Aunty C.'s address and get them in the post before she comes home from holiday!

5 comments:

wazz said...

beautiful!

twigletqueen said...

They look gorgeous! I'm aazed how much yarn yougot in a skein aswell, I'll have to checkout Socktopus at some point.

Bryony Ramsden said...

YAY! Those are lovely :D And look so much better than in the book! I'm also very impressed that you managed to finish them so quickly!

On another note:
1) Will you be doing the sockdown?
2) I have bought Malabrigo sock yarn! :0
3) Will you be doing the sockdown?!

RooKnits said...

Gorgeous Roo. I love the colour.
I am bad, like Bry, and have also bought Malabrigo sock yarn from Alice at Socktopus... however it went in the post last Wednesday and hasn't arrived yet and now I am worried.

Knittings Nice! said...

Such pretty knitting.