Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Plans for 2009

Knitting:

My knitting plans for 2009 are pretty much the same as they were for 2008: one pair of socks every month and whatever else I can fit in!

I definitely want to tackle a Yarnissima pattern and a Cookie A pattern at some point, now that I have overcome my fear of toe-ups! I am also enjoying the Loumms Year of Socks, so will probably keep up with that.

Beyond socks, I have the yarn waiting for two Norah Gaughan projects: Loppem and Eastlake… though I am beginning to sway towards the Lacy Waves Top from Lace Style instead of the latter.

The Big Dream Plan has to be Sylvi!

And of course, the Barn Raising Squares Blanket using leftover sock yarn. I plan to get going on this over the holidays too.

Sewing:


2009 ought to be the year my sewing takes off. I am thinking of taking a page out of Erica B’s book and making myself some Basics – I hesitate to call it a capsule wardrobe, but that’s what I mean! Smart trousers, sharp shirts, a funky jacket. The key will be identifying the right patterns and getting a really good fit. No more of this floppy baggy kawaii comfort (well, not for work!).

First up: black cavalry twill wide-legged trousers like the ones at Old Town. I have the pattern and fabric already, so no excuses! I am also planning a grey pleated formal skirt using this pattern - though I must beware of making a school uniform!

I am on the lookout for the perfect long-sleeved shirt pattern. Preferably with several options for different collars / sleeves to ring the changes with different fabrics. Possibly a vintage pattern to add a bit of spice? At the moment I am swaying between a 1970’s pointy collar and a 1950’s peekaboo neck number – ooh! I don’t have any suitable fabrics “in stock” so will have to do so some shopping at some point...

I still have a few lengths of tweed to use up, so expect a quirky skirt or two!

The Shopping List

Clearly it won’t be long before I crack and press “purchase” on “Knitting Socks with Handpainted Yarn” and pre-order “Socks From the Toe up”.

I am also developing an addiction for the whole look of Betsey Johnson for Alley Cat sewing patterns from the 70’s and fear I may be about to start a collection… even if I never sew them! I missed out on an amazing “complete wardrobe” pattern last week by prevaricating for too long. Tsk!

1 comment:

zombiecazz said...

You definitely must do Sylvi. I think it'll really suit you. Love the look of the trouser pattern.