Monday, January 05, 2009

First Mulled Wine sock


Apologies for the expanse of leg - FL insisted the sock was nothing without context! But I am not sure you can see the cranberries unless you click to make it bigger...

A fun pattern that kept me on my toes - no chance of knitting it while under the influence of said wine, mulled or otherwise. I must get on with the second one, though these are a bit short for this weather. I plan to wear them in spring with my clogs to show off the heel pattern, which is a delicate lace.
I like the toe shaping, which is a variation of the star toe.
Another success from the Loumms Year of Socks!

4 comments:

zombiecazz said...

That's a very pretty sock. Most definitely for showing off. I really like the toe too.

tea and cake said...

I think it's pretty, too. And, I think FL is cheeky, and just wanting to look at your leg!

loumms said...

I can't believe how awesome these look! Love! What yarn have you used? It catches the light just beautifully and the cranberries look fantastic in it!!

Roobeedoo said...

It is Nature's Pallette yarn, leftover from my Kitten Mittens.