Friday, January 16, 2009

On the Casting Couch

Sorry - it's too dark for pictures! Hopefully I can catch some daylight over the weekend...

On the needles:

Court Line for FL
In Malabrigo sock, colour “Persia”, 2.5mm dpns.
Beautiful colour, and I love the front-of foot design. However, the textured rib is not showing up well in this dark and mottled environment. I would recommend a lighter colourway if you are thinking of knitting these socks.

Strudel for Aunty J.
In Coldharbour Mill waterwheel-spun organically farmed pure merino, undyed. Supreme ethical credentials and the softest yarn ever! Seriously – my daughter agrees it beats Malabrigo! (You can get it here!)

On the brain:

Goldengrove socks from “Knitting Socks with Handpainted Yarn”. I bought some last-chance Hedgerow yarn in a searing orangey-yellow. I hadn’t realised this was a double-knitting weight, so I will have to do some adjustments to the pattern, but I am looking forward to knitting some thicker “farm” socks for myself. I wish the “secret” dye recipe wasn’t such a secret – just the name of the plant would do me! I am guessing Weld… but it might be Turmeric!


And in sewing news:

I am going to make a pair of trousers this weekend!
(If I blog it, I have to do it, right?!)

1 comment:

RooKnits said...

Hmm.. so Navy court lines are out then. Back to the drawing board.
Stop tempting me with more yarn... Ps. The FLS is finished! What do I knit next? Did you decide between Maude and Loppem?