Sunday, February 22, 2009

Clothkits Ruby skirt


At the end of last week, I made an impulsive purchase of the latest Clothkits skirt kit "Ruby". It was cut out and sewn before I had time to change my mind!

The Press Release suggests it has something in common with the dress Lily Allen wears in the video of her latest song... except she has empty frames on her dress and this skirt has frameless photos.

The images are from 1935: Epping, Sidmouth, Henley... FL took one look and snorted something about the English middle classes and that this skirt had absolutely nothing to do with me or my heritage, and why was I flaunting somebody else's family album - especially such a privileged one?

OMG I had not thought so deeply about the political ramifications of a skirt's print! That will teach me not to impulse buy! Cherry cake and (lashings of) ginger beer anyone?!
However, class struggles aside, I have a new skirt and I love it.

Easy to sew, now available up to a size 20 - if you have never sewn a skirt, the Clothkits cotton poplin prints are a good place to start.
But make sure you have a new needle for your sewing machine as the weave is pretty dense: many of my pins failed to pierce it.








7 comments:

castors said...

This is great!. To sell digital products with master resale rights its good for making profits. I surely will try this and even spread it in my blog. Thanks a lot for the link.

refrigerated vans said...

Great advice. This has been my future goal in blogging…this post may have boosted my motivation. Thanks.

golf clubs for sale said...

good stuff-I followed your advice and went and did some browsing and one of the sites I found for Master resale rights was Resale Enterprises-looks good-I’m excited to get started!

gloucester driving school said...

Great Ideas. Thanks!

driving school franchise said...

Nice and big post.Good to read.Thanks.

driving school Hereford said...

This is really inspiring.Thanks a lot for the post.

RooKnits said...

It looks fabulous...