Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Knitting update






I think we all knew this would happen: Diagonal Lace is the wrong pattern for a self-striping yarn! I had knitted a couple of inches before I gave in and ripped it out.
I have started again with the Staccato Sock from “Knitting Socks with Handpainted Yarn”. It is looking fine: nothing startling, but fine. Staccato is meant to be knitted using stripes of odd balls, so knitting it “plain” turns out a little bit flat somehow. Narrowly self-striping yarns are so hard to judge. I actually prefer the look of the stocking stitch sole. Sigh. Maybe I should have gone for pure vanilla after all. Will I rip again? Not sure…


Pioneer is a much happier project. I am now working my way down the body, after dividing for the sleeves. This is my first top-down sweater and I am very pleased with how it is going. My only worry is that I am using my Denise circulars…. and I need them for Project 13! Can I finish Pioneer this week? Or will I have to transfer Pioneer onto spare straight needles for safe keeping so that I can get on with Project 13 during my child-free week (which starts on Friday)?

I am bubbling with anticipation for Project 13! I don’t expect to complete it in the space of a week, but I should get a long way into it, leaving a manageable portion to finish off on Friday evenings when my daughter is out at her tap dance class.

No comments: