Monday, May 04, 2009

FO: Cup Half-Full Apron


I am really bringing the kitsch into my kitchen now!
This weekend was dedicated to the Cup Half-Full Apron from Anna Maria Horner's book "Seams To Me".
It could have been a quick and easy project, but I chose to spice things up a bit with another "Sublime Stitching" embroidery on the pocket.
This was one of my favourite designs from the Sublime Stitching Craft Pad, so when I spotted the bird print fabric, I knew I had to combine them somehow.

Stats: Half a metre of Alexander Henry "Bird Seed" fabric, from Nerybeth; some watermelon gingham and linen I bought years ago to make clothes for my daughter - the same one who will only wear black now!
The pockets are lined in gingham, which you can't see but I know is there!
Green bias binding round the edge.



Verdict? Well, I love it! A totally unnecessary item which will cheer me up every time I wear it, and that has to count for something!



5 comments:

tea and cake said...

Oh, wow! I love that fabric, and you're stitching certainly is sublime! It's gorgeous! Oops, sorry for so many !!!'s

zombiecazz said...

Cutesy. Suits you.
Did you do the embroidery by hand. It's very cool.
I have a fab chicken apron that a lady in India made me. I should really put in the kitchen so I use it when baking.

RooKnits said...

I love it!

Roobeedoo said...

Zombiecazz: yes it is hand-embroidered. That's what slowed me down!

Probably Jane said...

Cracking pinny!