Thursday, May 21, 2009

FO: Kai-Mei

I finished the Kai-Mei socks on Wednesday night. They are a big success!

I love the stripes, the stitch pattern and the density of the stocking stitch sections. It was a quick knit with added interest round about the point where you might start to get bored of endless ribbing. Once I understood what was going on, the diagonal shift of the pattern came easily. The pattern set up was perfect for a size 4 or 5-ish UK woman’s foot as the ribbing ran out at the end of the seventh butterfly. I don’t know what would have happened with a longer foot though…





Stats:

Kai-Mei by Cookie A from “Sock Innovation”. Check the online errata before embarking!

Yarn: Goth Socks in “half broken-hearted”, month two of the Dead Poets Club. Whatever your eyes may tell you, (blame the stupid flash!) this is a solid black stripe set against bruised pinks and purples in an even 4-5 row repeat. A gorgeous firm spun yarn – yum!

Needles: 2.25mm dpns.

Would I knit this pattern again? You bet! These are for my daughter, and I want some too!

1 comment:

RooKnits said...

Magic, I love them.
I knit them on 2.5mm needles and they worked perfectly for a size 6/7 foot :o)