Sunday, May 24, 2009

This weekend


This weekend was spent in the garden. Digging, weeding, planting, sowing. Oh - and trying to get my car out!
In a moment of total spatial unawareness, I reversed my car over the kerb and into the herb garden. In my defence, it was because FL's car was in front of the house and confused me. (No, he wasn't convinced either!) It took my son, a spade, a spare paving slab and the jack to get me out, as I managed to land on a boulder and got completely stuck. I am lucky I didn't puncture the petrol tank. Sigh.
Other than that, I have been reading lots of Tove Jannson (Summer Book, Winter Book and Fair Play. And the latest issue of The Knitter (which is dreadful IMHO.) And Sheila Hancock's autobiography.
And knitting too! New projects: socks and a shawl - I will show you later in the week when my camera battery is charged.
FL's back is causing him a lot of trouble. His latest remedy is Tiger Balm. When will he give in and take painkillers?!

1 comment:

tea and cake said...

Sounds like the perfect weekend, even with the added rockery excitement!
A hot bath in the morning is very good for backs - it's what I'm doing at the moment.