Sunday, June 14, 2009

FO: Project 13, the Secret Staccato






The work of a week's holiday in North West Sutherland, plus a couple of evenings. And then there were the endless ends to weave in! But my daughter's birthday hoodie was completed in time and she likes it. She was shocked to realise I had knitted it - and I take that as a compliment!



Stats:


Staccato hoodie by Kristen Kapoor of Through the Loops blog. I knitted the second size using 5mm Denise needles and plant-dyed aran wool from Knitting4Fun.


Instead of hemming the sleeves and body I left the edges to roll back for more of an indie-girl vibe.



Would I knit it again? I have no choice because her big brother wants one too!


The only thing I would do differently is I would sew the ends in as I went along, because it really was an enormous effort of will to do the whole lot at once.



I really like the yarn, which I have used before and is proving to be hard-wearing.


The only issue I had was with the dark green colourway which felt a bit soapy and left my fingers stained as I knitted - as if it hadn't been properly rinsed.



As you can tell from my daughter's face, this project is a big success!

Thanks from my daughter and from FL for all your birthday wishes - they are greatly appreciated!

4 comments:

Bryony Ramsden said...

Fab! :) Happy birthday 'girl' :D

RooKnits said...

Are you sure you don't want to knit 3? :0)
I absolutely love it and it looks like she does to. What a great success. Well done Roo!

ambermoggie said...

It is wonderful Ruth, no wonder she likes it:)

Penny said...

She looks very pleased - it looks really nice.