Thursday, June 04, 2009

Incoming stash

My dedicated stash-busting has been shot to pieces by a couple of retail therapy sessions. The first occurred shortly after FL’s last hospital visit. I needed bright orange wool. In my stressed-out mind, I could not face another day without the knowledge that sizzling marmalade sock yarn was on its way to me! And you don’t get much more orange than Hazel Knits Hi Octang! I ordered it from Sonny and Shear, along with a skein of Dream in Color Classy in Black Parade…because I have loved everything I had seen in this colour and nobody seemed to stock it on this side of the Atlantic.

Unfortunately, my package was stopped by Customs and they held my yarn to ransom until I arranged to collect it from a remote sorting office (7am to 12 noon Monday to Friday!) and paid £12.83 for the privilege. Grrr. Lesson learned. No more international yarn orders. (Yes I know I have said this before, but this time I mean it!)

There was a second shopping incident when FL’s back was bothering him, and I absolutely needed to knit him some tweedy socks, immediately. So I stalked the Yarn Yard site and Ravelry until I knew the shop update was imminent and sat at my desk with the site under observation in the corner of my screen. Snapped up: two skeins of Natalie’s new yarn “Croft”, with the aim of making truly manly deeply Scottish socks.

So I have more yarn than I had before. But it is lovely stuff! And its not as if it will just lie in a box under the bed until the mice get it, because that would be stupid wouldn’t it?! Must. Knit. Faster.

P.S. Don't forget to watch BBC1 at 9pm tonight to see the Knitting Noras and their calendar! (See yesterday's post!)

1 comment:

RooKnits said...

Alice had some High octang sock yarn when we were in Norfolk last winter and I really wanted some but in the end decided on more "sensible" colours... I have since got some very orange yarn from Natalie :o)
I do love the croft. It is wonderfully Scottish and will make perfect socks. Off to set the alarm on my phone so I remember to turn the TV on.