Monday, July 06, 2009

Online fabric sources

I am always on the look-out for good UK-based online fabric shops, and since I am away this week I thought I would share my latest discoveries, without the temptation to click my own links!

You probably already know about the Eternal Maker - but did you know they are having a Moving Day Sale until 31 July? I ordered two dress lengths on a Wednesday afternoon and they arrived on Thursday morning - seriously!

But you might not know about Saints and Pinners? A much smaller stock, but they have some really interesting fabric packs - I especially like the Boat Folk collection (above left).


But my very latest discovery is Fabric Inspirations, which has an absolutely HUGE selection of fabrics. I was scouring the web for civil-war reproduction fabrics, thinking the dull tea-dyed-type colourways would make fab Jane Austen-esque dresses. But could I find what I had in mind? Nope. Not until I fell upon this site - where there is an entire section devoted to reproduction fabrics - including some gorgeous Thirties-style prints. I have spent hours in the "Retro & Funky" section!








And last but not least, I tracked down the elusive "Snippets" range at Quilter's Cloth. A slow website but it promises fast delivery! Wouldn't you love an apron made out of this doll's clothes fabric? (Or is that just me?!)









2 comments:

tea and cake said...

me, me, me, please! for the apron. Hope the holiday is going well?

RooKnits said...

That's mean - enabling when you aren't even there to click your own links :o)
Hope you are having a wonderful holiday.