Thursday, September 03, 2009

New socks on the horizon

Photo credit: Ellington sock by Cookie A from the knitanon blog.


I have been knitting, but have nothing to show. I have knitted about 2 inches of my Moonstone cardigan. It is very soft and I love the colours, but 204 stitches per row is a bit of a slog for a confirmed sockaholic!

My Freshman sock is going well. I have been managing a few rows every lunch-hour, which has been soothing. I should have finished sock one by the weekend.

But today it's all about future socks!

There are new Cookie A patterns coming up - I especially like Ellington (left). I had an excited moment when I thought I might have been fast enough to sign up to test-knit this one, but I don't think I was. Sniffle.

And I have purchased a new sock book called "Knitted Socks East and West" by Judy Sumner. I hadn't heard of this designer before but the preview of the book got me hooked. Japanese stitch patterns interpreted in various styles and thicknesses of yarn - ooh! There isn't much sign of it over on Ravelry , which surprises me - what are the PR people doing? But there is a stunning example of a sock called Biwa here (Ravelry link)

So I intend to show you lots of pictures from the book once it arrives. The cheapest stockist I could find was the Book Depository. Just saying!

1 comment:

Bryony Ramsden said...

Ooooooooooooooh you are ever the enabler, you hussy... Tasty tasty tasssssssssssty socks...