Sunday, October 18, 2009

FO: Aira hat







This was a week of knitting Aira, testing the pattern for Lily.
I will let you decide for yourself who suits it best!


Stats:
Aira by Lily (aged 11), found via her mum's blog here.

I used Mountain Colors Bearfoot sock yarn in Wild Raspberry. Yummy yarn with a touch of mohair in it.
Mine came out a bit loose round the band, despite changing down a needle size to 2.25 and 3.25 needles. But it works with big hair!
It's pretty huge!
None of my pictures of the starfish crown came out well - too much camera shake! Despite the stern faces of the men-folk, we had some laughs with this one.


Success? Well it suits someone!






1 comment:

amanda said...

Lol at that top photograph! He looks well shifty there! I've asked that people pass on there hat band measurements to me just in case Lily decides to reiview the pattern a little. Everyone is now frantically wrapping tape measures around their heads1 :D