Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Hat tricks

All is well here. FL has been told to rest to gather his strength so has had to give up golf in favour of reading and watching repeats of Time Team. He is still coughing a bit and is very tired, but he is much MUCH better.


I have been immersion-knitting. I got up on Sunday morning and decided I needed a knitty treat. The scouring properties of my Lime Green Tweed of Doom had left my fingers a trifle rough, and I wanted to play with something soft and beautiful for a change. So I got out my Dream in Color "Classy" (imported from the USA, but you can get it in the UK nowadays) in the colour "Black Parade".


The pattern is Sloochie by Woolly Wormhead and I am knitting the largest size on 4.5mm dpns. It took me a little while to get into the rhythm of the spiralling increases, but now I am on a roll and should finish it tonight. Pictures will follow!


Then I have a fab new project to dive straight into! I am test-knitting Aira for Amanda's daughter Lily. Because clearly I don't have enough projects on the needles right now. I cannot get over the fact that Lily has only just started secondary school and has the knitting know-how to design something so interesting. It was gob-smacking enough when I saw she was knitting tricky socks and shawls, but when she started designing her own patterns...?! When I was her age I was just about knitting garter-stitch scarves... badly!


So I leave you with a photogenic skein of yarn - Mountain Colors Bearfoot in "Wild Raspberry", destined to become Aira, a beautiful pleated beret - perfect for the teen cousin's Christmas present!

2 comments:

amanda said...

Oh how she will squeal when she reads this! It will make her day!

lily said...

I just squealed to myself. and that was before reading my mum's comment! I am so giddy! thankyou! I love your yarn choice!