Sunday, October 04, 2009

Sometimes I knit!



Touch wood, FL is on the mend. Still coughing, and the last antibiotic taken, so he will need to go back to the GP just to be sure.


Over the last week, I turned to my CPH for solace and completed the back and two fronts. I am only part-way through my third ball of wool so should have plenty to complete the sleeves, hood and bands. (I have 8 balls.)


Those little green things aren't skeins of yarn - they are my magnificent crop of cherry tomatoes. All of it.
I knew you would be impressed.

Last night I worked a bit more on my Zur Lederhos'n and also started the second Mad Budgie sock.
And I may have some of Natalie's new "Clan" yarn in the colourway "Probably Jane".
As I suspected, it is a close relative of Wollmeise superwash.
These skeins will turn into something from my Socks East And West book - woo hoo!
Thank you again for all your support - where would we be without friends, real or virtual?
And knitting.

3 comments:

Beegirl said...

This is lovely. I am trying to learn how to knit and started a fingerless mitten pattern last night. After an hour of CO sts... I put it down. Will try again today. I read your comment over at Knitting Iris. Wish you weren't so far away. I'd come stack some wood for you... wishing you and your husband all the best.

RooKnits said...

So I missed a lot whilst I was away. Hope FL is on the mend and sorry I wasn't around for moral support. The CPH is fab. I love the colour!

Sandy said...

What a lovely color of green that is!! I was sorry to discover that FL has been under the weather... it's always so scary to be doing it all by yourself in the dark of night, wondering and worrying. I hope and intend that this next week is an improvement and that FL's immune system can do the catching up it needs to for the Velcade week... thinking of you both...