Friday, October 02, 2009

TGIF

So - we have made it to Friday!

In the midst of all this, it is probably the busiest week of the year at my workplace, so I have been juggling like crazy to meet deadlines while caring for FL. I am really rather tired!

Hopefully, FL is over the worst of this episode. Now we have to gear ourselves up for the next one - the planned one - Velcade from 19 October onwards.

Gabrielle - you asked if they couldn't bring forward the start of Velcade, if his calcium is creeping up? If it hadn't been for the pneumonia, they might have done. But right now his depleted immune system has enough to contend with, fighting off the lung infection. He doesn't have the necessary reserves to cope with Velcade too!

So - this weekend I hope to do "normal" things - walk the dog, taxi the kids around, clean the house, KNIT!

I should have some knitty goodness to show you - I have almost finished the fronts and back of my Central Park Hoodie.

2 comments:

Twelfthknit said...

Tough times. Keeping you in my thoughts.

gabrielle said...

Good stuff, keep pushing on with as much normal stuff as you can. I hope that your weekend turned out well Gx