Saturday, November 07, 2009

FO: Biwa socks












Stats:
Biwa socks from "Knitted Socks East and West" by Judy Sumner.
Hazel Knits Artisan sock in Plum Glace, bought from the late lamented Socktopus. (Why isn't Stash showing the Socktopus sock yarn range if Alice has moved in with them?)
Size 2.25mm dpns - which seems to be my default size.
What can I say? I loved knitting these socks! Everything was joyful: the pattern was complex yet simple, and the plain sections a welcome relaxation. The yarn is probably my all-time favourite sock yarn to date: firm yet soft, with a slight gleam in sunlight. It rarely split, despite me trying to knit tbls using purple yarn on dark brown needles in a dimly-lit room! The 10% nylon content should make them hard-wearing, but it felt like knitting pure merino.
Love them! The happiest project I have finished in a long time!



1 comment:

RooKnits said...

Ooh they are gorgeous. My red Hazel Knits socks have survived many washes now with no ill effects... still as sproingy and soft as ever