Saturday, November 21, 2009

FO: A Pretty Thing

I finished the Pretty Thing for my mother's Christmas - second time lucky!
I stuck to the instructions this time, and used 3.5mm dpns with my sportweight yarn - and it is pretty much perfect, if I say so myself.
Will my mother like it? Err... I'm not sure. She might find it tickles her neck, but I am hoping she can wear it over her coat collar if need be. It tends to roll down, but it looks pretty like that too.
Stats:
Pretty Thing by the Yarn Harlot.
Alpaca / silk sportweight from Old Maiden Aunt in the Ysolda colourway. There was more than enough yarn to make two of these from the one skein, so an economical luxury - it is really gorgeous stuff!
I used 3.5mm dpns.
It isn't a difficult pattern but it does require concentration. I ripped back a few rows a few times. For that reason, I don't feel like knitting another one for a while. But it has great gift potential for a wide range of ages, so if you have the stamina it could be your serial Christmas stashbuster standby!

And about my birthday:

Thank you so so much for all your birthday wishes and haircut appreciation! I am feeling SO pleased with myself for taking the plunge and going for the chop. Mind you, I will have to re-learn how to use a hairdrier and buy some "products" - eek!

1 comment:

Bryony Ramsden said...

Happy belated birthday! You look amazing :) The hair is gorgeous! Just grab yourself the black violet Loreal Recital Preference next time you are in Boots ;D The cowl is beautiful. She better like it... If not you keep it - looks fab with the hair.

Organix coconut mousse is good for bobs btw, as is the wonderful Tigi shine spray... :)